A 9" x 20" heirloom certificate is available with birth data entered with calligraphy and with the signature of the Governor of Oregon and the State Registrar.
Heirloom birth records are certified documents suitable for framing. The price is $45. $15 of that fee is tax deductible as it supports the Children's Trust Fund, an agency dedicated to preventing child abuse.
When ordering, please provide the following information:
- Full name of child
- Date of birth
- Place of birth (city/county)
- Father's full name
- Mother's full name before marriage
- Name of person ordering record
- Signature of the person ordering
- Your relationship to the child named on the record
- Copy of your current, valid driver’s license or official DMV ID card or alternative identifying documents
- Your daytime telephone number
If you are not an immediate eligible family member, then the heirloom birth certificate must be mailed directly to the child or their parents. Please provide the address of the child or their parents. Checks and money orders may be made payable to OHA/Vital Records. Orders should be mailed to:
PO Box 14050
Portland, OR 97293-0050
No rush processing is available for heirloom birth records. You may place orders by telephone or in person, but additional fees will be charged in addition to the $45 record fee. Because records are created by a calligrapher, expect processing to take approximately 8 to 10 weeks.
Download an Heirloom Birth Certificate Order Form to order by mail.
Links To Information About Ordering Vital Records