- Cardholder application and annual renewal fee: $200.
- Reduced application and annual renewal fee for Oregon residents receiving SNAP (food stamp) benefits: $60.
- Reduced application and annual renewal fee for Oregon residents currently enrolled in the Oregon Health Plan (OHP): $50.
- Reduced application and annual renewal fee for persons receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits: $20.(NOTE: Social Security Retirement Income and Social Security Disability Insurance benefits do not qualify an applicant for this reduced fee.)
- Grow site registration fee on new or renewal applications where the patient is not his or her own grower: $50.
- Fee for replacement registry cards: $100 (or $20 for those patients who qualify for the $20 reduced application fee). A replacement card fee is required if your cards have been issued and you are changing your care giver, grower, or grow site; OR if you are requesting new registry cards that have been lost or stolen.
These fees apply to new applications and replacement card requests received on or after 10/1/2013 and to renewal applications for cards that expire on or after 10/1/2013.
The OMMP is funded entirely by fees generated by the program. The fee increases and new grower registration fee were based on the estimated number of fee payers and the amount of revenue needed to fund the following public health programs:
- Emergency Medical Services: $1,750,000
- Drinking Water Program: $3,000,000
- School Based Health Centers: $500,000
- CCare (family planning): $1,150,000
- HB 2380 (midwives): $30,000
- Trauma System: $300,000
- Seniors Farmers Market Program: $5,000
It is anticipated these fees will be sufficient to support the OMMP for the 2011-2013 biennium as well as the 2013-2015 biennium. The need for continuing the fee increase beyond June 2013 depends on the projected state revenue and policy decisions of the Legislature.