Prevention efforts reinforce patient safety across all health care.
The purpose of coordinating and reporting HAI prevention efforts is to develop a HAI state prevention plan to coordinate and implement prevention activities and report on progress toward reductions.
- DROP-CRE Network
The Drug Resistant Organism Prevention and Coordinated Regional Epidemiology (DROP-CRE) Network is a unique public-academic partnership whose primary objective is to detect and contain carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) in Oregon.
- HAI Advisory Committee
The Healthcare Acquired Infection Advisory Committee (HAIAC) is a statutorily mandated committee to advise Oregon Health Authority (OHA) on the development of a health care acquired infections reporting program in Oregon.
- Interfacility Transfer Communication
As part of best practice during patient transfers, information about a patient’s medical status, including colonization or infection with a multidrug-resistant organism, should travel with a patient and be readily available to medical providers.
- Oregon Patient Safety Commission Collaborative
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission is a semi-independent state agency charged by the Oregon Legislature with the goals of reducing the risk of serious adverse events occurring in Oregon’s health care system and encouraging a culture of patient safety.
- Preventing Clostridium difficile infection
The Clostridium difficile initiative focuses on 5 key domains to assess, identify gaps and prevent transmission of C. difficle infection across different health care settings.
- The Only and Only Campaign for Safe Injections
The Oregon Health Authority recently joined the CDC-led One and Only Campaign to raise awareness among patients and healthcare providers about safe injection practices. The campaign aims to eradicate outbreaks resulting from unsafe injection practices.
Partners in our prevention efforts
- Acumentra Health is committed to improving patient safety, health, and health care through community partnerships and the practical application of science, resulting in quality health solutions
- Leading Age is a charitable organization that aims to expand the possibilities for aging by education, advocacy, and applied research.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention HAI Program highlights their work with state health departments to improve HAI tracking and prevention by implementing successful prevention strategies in the entire and state and tracking the impact of that strategy across all hospitals.