IMPORTANT NEW REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
see Reporting Data
Hospitals, long-term care skilled nursing facilities, and free-standing ambulatory surgical centers are required to report influenza vaccinations, documented contraindications, and informed declination rates for staff in accordance with ORS 442.851
and OARS 333-018-0000 through 333-018-0145
. All facilities were notified of this reporting requirement in September 2011.
There are three documents to assist in collecting data:
- Attachment A (pdf) represents the content of the annual healthcare worker influenza vaccination survey.
- Attachment B (pdf) includes definitions for the data fields in the survey form (Attachment A).
- Attachment C (pdf) is a sample Influenza Consent/Declination form that can be used to support the data to be collected for the survey. Note that influenza vaccination, medical contraindication, and refusal of vaccination must be documented. In addition, if your staff members are vaccinated outside of your facility, you need to document this fact so that these staff can be counted as vaccinated. The sample form in Attachment C provides a means to document this information.
New for Hospitals (Acute Care Facilities)
New definition for counting healthcare personnel in an Acute Care Facility:
- Acute care hospital inpatient and outpatient counts are to be combined and submitted on a single influenza vaccination summary data form.
- Inpatient and outpatient units/departments must share the same CMS Certification Number (CCN) as the hospital AND be physically attached to the acute care facility OR be co-located on the same medical campus and function as units of the acute care facility.
New for Inpatient Rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) and Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs)
Starting with the 2014 – 2015 influenza season, in order to fulfill the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) reporting requirement, IRFs and ASCs must enroll in the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) and submit healthcare personnel influenza vaccination data using the NHSN Influenza Vaccination Module.
Please input your facility’s rates before May 22, 2015 using the appropriate survey:
- Short form survey - For facilities reporting via NHSN
Facilities may use the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) to answer questions 1 through 6 using the Flu Summary module in the NHSN Personnel Safety Component. Questions 7 through 10 regarding vaccine delivery and promotion strategies will still need to be answered using this short form survey.
- Long form survey - For facilities not reporting via NHSN
Facilities that do not use the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) will answer all 10 questions using this long form survey.
Helpful NHSN training links:
Please contact Monika Samper
or call 971-673-1111 with any questions.
View the Healthcare Worker Influenza Vaccination Report