Hospitals, long-term care skilled nursing facilities, and free-standing ambulatory surgical centers are required to report influenza vaccinations, documented contraindications, and informed declination rates for staff in accordance with ORS 442.851
and OARs 409-023-000 through 409-023-035
. All facilities were notified of this reporting requirement in September 2011.
There are three documents to assist in collecting data:
- Attachment A (pdf) represents the content of the annual healthcare worker influenza vaccination survey.
- Attachment B (pdf) includes definitions for the data fields in the survey form (Attachment A).
- Attachment C (pdf) is a sample Influenza Consent/Declination form that can be used to support the data to be collected for the survey. Note that influenza vaccination, medical contraindication, and refusal of vaccination must be documented. In addition, if your staff members are vaccinated outside of your facility, you need to document this fact so that these staff can be counted as vaccinated. The sample form in Attachment C provides a means to document this information.
Please input your facility’s rates before May 19, 2014 using the appropriate survey:
- Short form survey - For facilities reporting via NHSN
Facilities may use the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) to answer questions 1 through 6 using the Flu Summary module in the NHSN Personnel Safety Component. Questions 7 through 10 regarding vaccine delivery and promotion strategies will still need to be answered using this short form survey.
- Long form survey - For facilities not reporting via NHSN
Facilities that do not use the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) will answer all 10 questions using this long form survey.
View the Healthcare Worker Influenza Vaccination Report
Visit our Publications page to find current and previous reports based on this data.