Oregonians have the information and tools they need to protect themselves from, respond effectively to, and recover successfully following a public health emergency.
- Collaborate with communities, tribes, and all levels of government to maintain robust capability for a wide range of emergencies;
- Assess vulnerability to specific hazards in Oregon communities and the capabilities to respond to them;
- Build sustainable systems to plan and prepare for public health emergencies;
- Provide training, consultation and tools to our partners so they are prepared to provide an effective epidemiologic response;
- Develop, exercise and improve response and recovery plans to ensure Oregonians are ready when a public health emergency arises;
- Maintain and enhance systems for providing timely and accurate information to decision makers during public health emergencies;
- Establish and maintain business continuity in the face of a public health crisis so our essential services are not interrupted;
- Practice routine communicable disease epidemiology to maintain our competency and credibility.
Useful Public Health Division links
Return to top