On this page:
If your 2012 certification has not been renewed, you are required to pay an additional $50.00. If you do not renew by November 1, 2012, you will not receive a 2013 renewal application.
If the initial of your last name begins A-K, you are required to submit CEUs with your Renewal Application this year. The 2013 Renewal Application will be mailed on November 5, 2012. Please wait to renew online until you receive the Renewal Application. CEUs are due by the following: A-K even year and L-Z odd year. First time certified operators THIS YEAR do not need to submit CEUs until the next regular CEU cycle (in 2014).
Online Renewal Instructions - Please Read Carefully!
Drinking water system operators can now renew and pay for their operator certification online! This online process is for individual renewal and credit card payment (using Mastercard or Visa only). No signature is required for online renewal. To renew online, please have the materials below ready:
- Mastercard or Visa credit card to pay online and
- Renewal letter, so you can enter your assigned personal PIN# and operator certification number. Note: The certification number must be entered in the form "D-1234" or "T-1234" as appropriate. Do not forget to enter the dash in the certification number.
Once you have registered, you can change your log-in and password.
- Instructions for using MyLicense are on each screen, as well as details letting you know about the next step.
- Individuals holding two operator certificates must renew and pay for each separately; after renewing one, you will be redirected to renew the second certificate.
- If your credit card payment is declined by the online system, you must submit renewal and check by mail to Drinking Water Services.
About Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Please note that even if you are renewing online, you must also mail or fax a copy of your CEUs
to Drinking Water Services. Two CEUs are scheduled every 2 years based on your last name:
- If your last name begins with A-K, you are required to submit copies of CEU certificates every even-numbered year.
- If your last name begins with L-Z, you are required to submit copies of CEU certificates every odd-numbered year.
Please read your renewal letter for detailed mail and/or fax instructions.
Update Address and Telephone Online Too!
You can also update your address and telephone number (any time of the year) without having to call the Operator Certification Program by using the link below. This makes it very important to keep your log-in and password in a secure place.
Renewing your operator certification is your responsibility, not your employer's. Your employer (secretary, manager) should not renew your certificate online for you. There have been instances where operators have been missed from renewal, or the CEUs were not submitted on time, creating a late fee. For Facilities that reimburse fees, simply set up a computer area especially for online renewal for those operators wishing to renew online close to the personnel who holds the Facility's Visa or Mastercard. That way each operator renews his or her own certificate and can rest assured that their renewal is complete. This online renewal process is working great in other States.
To start registration for online renewal, click HERE!
For those who do not wish to pay online, you can still renew by mail by submitting your renewal application, check and CEUs (if scheduled) to:
Make checks payable to: OHA-Drinking Water Services
Mail signed original to:
Cashier, OHA-Drinking Water Services
PO Box 14260
Portland, OR 97293-0260