Currently the state of Oregon registers over 10,000 x-ray machines of various types. Inspections are done routinely every one to three years depending on the type of services provided.
The X-ray program has the overall responsibility for registering electronic radiation producing devices and vendor licensing throughout the state of Oregon. This program has the responsibility for the safe use of electronic radiation products in the work place. This is accomplished through tracking devices via the registration program, periodic on-site facility inspections and through public education programs.
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 333-101 requires registration of X-ray machines.
Biennial Machine Registration Fee
|Chiropractic, Hospital, Medical, Osteopathic, Radiologist
|Industrial & Podiatry
|Academic, Dental, & Veterinary
|Vendor License: No fees at this time
Vendor and Consultant Licensing (includes sales)
Fill out the application and applicable attachments
||CT Health Physicist: Under construction. |
||Fluoroscopic Training. Complete this Attachment to be approved to offer proper training to non-radiologist physicians (MD, DO, DC, and DPM) in the use o f Fluoroscopic X-ray equipment.|
||Installation & Service Vendor. Complete this Attachment to request approval to provide the Installation of X-ray machines and related equipment as well as to provide services for X-ray machines and related equipment in Oregon. If you are filling out this Attachment you must also complete Attachment E: Qualified Expert.|
||Therapeutic Qualified Medical Physicist. Complete this Attachment to request approval to provide consultation services to registrants of any therapeutic radiation machines. If you only provide consultation services to the registrant of which you are employed you do not need to fill out this application attachment. |
||Qualified Expert. Complete this Attachment to request approval to be a qualified expert in Oregon. If approved you will be allowed to provide the services you selected on Attachment C: Installation & Service Vendor.|
||Radiation Use & Safety Training. Complete this Attachment if you would like to offer a Radiation Use and Safety Training in Oregon as outlined in OAR 333-106-0055. |
||Sales Vendor. Complete this Attachment to request approval to provide the sales of X-ray machines and related equipment in Oregon. |
Process: Application for Registration of X-ray Machines
- After a new or used x-ray machine is obtained, the seller should give you, the purchaser, a State application form to register the machine. This form is to be completed by you, the purchaser. The completed form should then be sent promptly to the Radiation Protection Services 800 NE Oregon Street Suite 640, Portland, OR 97217 or fax to 971-673-0553
- If an application form has not been received, you can print out a blank application form (Note: This form is designed to be filled out electronically and then printed to sign and fax/mail/email it in).
- The machine information you provide is entered into a database, and an X-ray Machine Registration Invoice is generated then mailed to the applicant. A return mail cover page is enclosed.
- Applicant returns the X-ray Machine Registration Invoice along with payment. Checks are to be made payable to the Oregon Health Division.
- A Validation Certificate is issued and sent to the applicant within approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
- Applicant must then POST the Validation Certificate in a conspicuous place, preferably, on or near the x-ray machine that is registered.
If you have questions regarding x-ray machine registration, you may contact Judy Smith at (971) 673-0507, or send an e-mail to email@example.com