Celebrating 17 Years of Thought Provoking Lectures
The mission of the Women's Health Network (WHN) is to form a coalition open to all who share the goal of achieving health and healing for women in Oregon through advocacy, education, research, and networking.
Follow us on Facebook
2015 Lecture Series
The 2015 WHN theme is Science, Society and Self: Women’s Health through the Generations.
Mark your calendar for the next lecture series!
Friday, September 18, 2015 (see details below)
Topic: Personal and Societal Implications of Violence and Injury
For our September session we will be discussing the broad topic of Personal and Societal Implications of Violence and Injury, bringing in experts to share their perspectives on:
- Gendered violence – Historical trauma and resilience
- Campus-based sexual violence prevention – The work of boys and men
- Police violence in Oregon – Disparities across gender, race, and ability
- Safer spaces – Working with childbearing women who are incarcerated
Details for attending
- All lectures are free and open to the public
- No registration required
- First come, first seated
- 8:00 a.m. - Noon (continental breakfast 8:00 a.m., program 8:30 a.m.)
- McMenamin's Kennedy School, 5736 NE 33rd Avenue, Portland, OR.
- Parking in rear. Bike parking available. Take TriMet line #70.