Planning activities that promote sustainable water infrastructure may receive funding up to a maximum of $20,000 per project.
Priority is given to systems that serve fewer than 300
- Feasibility Studies – studies to evaluate infrastructure project feasibility
- Asset Management Plan – plan for managing water system infrastructure assets
- System Partnership Studies – studies to evaluate potential for system consolidation / regionalization
- Resilience Plan – plan for water system resiliency and identify a potential improvement project
- Water Rate Analysis – analysis of water system rate charges, structure, and adequacy
- Leak Detection Studies – studies to detect water system leakage and identify possible solutions
- Water System Master Plan for water systems with < 300 connections – Long-range plan to evaluate the needs of the water system and make recommendations for future improvements
Ineligible projects include activities related to construction and/or engineering/design, and activities related to ineligible project types listed under the infrastructure loan program.
Projects must also incorporate a community engagement component and an asset management activity. For more information on the specific components, please contact the IFA Regional Coordinator for your area.
- Funding up to $20,000 per project (above $20,000 is based on approval and availability of funds)
- 100% Forgivable Loan
- Total funds available for all projects $320,000
- An award for SIPP funding of up to $20,000 per water system may be awarded once every three (3) years for a project.
- Water system must complete project within 1 year
- Awarded projects have the flexibility to use up to 25% of the award to go towards the required community engagement & asset management components outlined above.
- SIPP Program overview
Letter of Interst (LOI)
OHA & IFA will begin accepting Letters of Interest on Monday, September 26, 2016. IFA will follow-up with systems who have submitted eligible
Letters of Interest to complete the funding application on a quarterly basis.