Explore our list of partners and resources below for information on a wide variety of domestic well topics:
- OSU (Oregon State University) Extension: Well Water Program provides more information on wells, groundwater, and real estate transactions.
- OWRD (Oregon Water Resource Department): Website with a range of information on water quality, private wells, and more.
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency): Find private drinking water wells information.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): Private ground water wells page provides basic well information as well as common contaminants and their specific health effects.
- NGWA (National Ground Water Association, wellowner.org): Information about private water well systems and groundwater, including a collection of Consumer Information Sheets.
- DEQ (Oregon Department of Environmental Quality): More information for private well owners.
- USGS (United States Geological Survey): The USGS Water Science School provides unbiased, timely, and relevant information, studies, and data about groundwater resources for the Nation.
- The Groundwater Foundation: A non-profit organization that educates people on groundwater and groundwater protection.
- The Private Well Class: Free online course that helps homeowners understand and care for their water well provided by the University of Illinois, through a grant from the EPA.
- A Guide to Water Wells in Oregon (2015): A Water Well Owner's Handbook from the Oregon Water Resources Department provides general information about groundwater, water wells, well construction, and more.
- Well Owner Lessons: A series of online lessons and webinars from the National Groundwater Association's WellOwner.org on how to keep your drinking water supply safe.
Human Health & Water
- CROET: An OHSU website that dives deeper into the clinical side of water and health.
Testing and Regulations
Well Treatment and Maintenance
Wells in an Emergency
What to do when your well is flooded (fact sheet)
Testing and Mitigation Programs
- Well Owner Tip Sheet: Monthly newsletter from the National Groundwater Association about tools that can help private well owners reduce risks to their water supplies. Sign up at www.wellowner.org.
- Pipeline: A National Drinking Water Clearing House Newsletter with quarterly editions on wastewater topics.
- The Aquifer: Quarterly newsletter from the Groundwater Foundation.
- Groundwater Guardian: A Groundwater Foundation newsletter that provides support and encouragement for communities of all types (cities, counties, watersheds, schools, etc.) to begin groundwater awareness activities, motivation to continue these efforts, and recognition for their achievements.
- WellCare Well Owners Network: E-mail mailing list maintained by the Water Systems Council.
- WellSaid: A production of the Oregon Water Resources Department designed to inform the drilling industry and the public about program activities and other items of interest.