Avoiding and Treating Lead Poisoning
Are you concerned about lead poisoning in your patients, or do you think lead poisoning is a thing of the past? Do you know that Medicaid rules require that the blood lead levels of all children on public assistance must be tested? Do you know the risk factors for lead poisoning? The current treatment options?
The University of Oklahoma’s Center for Public Management, with a grant from the EPA, has produced the online course — Avoiding and Treating Lead Poisoning. Learn more about this training or register for the course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify sources of lead poisoning
- Describe lead toxicology
- Determine who is at the greatest risk for getting lead poisoning and why
- Discuss how lead poisoning affects children
- Describe the testing and case management processes
- Identify ways to prevent lead poisoning
Course Information: This course is available for 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM through the OU Health Sciences Center Irwin H. Brown Office of Continuing Medical Education.