Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Nurse Home Visiting Orientation
This three-day course provides an introduction and overview of Oregon's Public Health Nurse based Home Visiting programs. Focus of the training is on nursing competencies that are applied to the implementation of the Maternity Case Management (MCM) and the Babies First! programs through local public health departments. Coursework also includes how the MCM and Babies First! programs work within a Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) implementation.
- January 29, 30 & 31, 2014
- Registration deadline: Jan. 14, 2014
- Attendance is required all 3 days.
- Orientation is a requirement for the Babies First! program
- Register for the 2014 Orientation (pdf)
- Portland State Office Building (PSOB), 800 NE Oregon St., Portland, OR 97232
- Public health nurses who are new to home-based MCH programs.
For program questions, please contact the State MCH Nurse Consultant:
Clues to Cues: A Foundation for Infant Mental Health
One full day
- Identify key concepts of infant behavior.
- Apply the concepts of infant state, state modulation, cues, and temperament to the feeding and teaching interaction.
Professionals and paraprofessionals educating and working with families.
For registration questions, contact Fran Goodrich, 971 673-0262, email@example.com.