Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Nurse Home Visiting Orientation
This three-day course provides an introduction and overview of Oregon's Public Health Nurse based Home Visiting programs. Focus of the training is on nursing competencies that are applied to the implementation of the Maternity Case Management (MCM) and the Babies First! programs through local public health departments. Coursework also includes how the MCM and Babies First! programs work within a Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) implementation. The MCH Orientation is for all Local County Public Health nurses who provide home visiting through the following programs: Nurse Family Partnership, Maternity Case Management (MCM), Babies First! and CaCoon.
- The next MCH Orientation will be offered on October 28, 29 & 30, 2014.
- Orientation is a requirement for the Babies First! program.
- Registration is closed for this session.
Target Audience: Public health nurses who are new to home-based MCH programs.
For program or registration questions, please contact the State MCH Nurse Consultant:
Fran Goodrich, 971 673-0262, email@example.com
Clues to Cues: A Foundation for Infant Mental Health
One full day
- Identify key concepts of infant behavior.
- Apply the concepts of infant state, state modulation, cues, and temperament to the feeding and teaching interaction.
Professionals and paraprofessionals educating and working with families.
For registration questions, contact Fran Goodrich, 971 673-0262, firstname.lastname@example.org.