Extensive national and local resources are available to help providers address perinatal mental health in their practices. These include validated screening tools, algorithms for care, case studies and information about roadblocks to treatment, and much more.
Provider Tools and Resources
MedEdPPD offers extensive provider tools and information including:
- Care pathways
- DSM IV diagnosis
- Validated screening tools
- Provider FAQs
- What to say… and what not to say
- Links to research on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
University of Illinois Chicago Perinatal Mental Health Project offers a free Perinatal Consultation Service which assists health professionals by answering questions they have concerning screening, assessing and treating women with mental health issues during pregnancy and postpartum. 1-800-573-6121.
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Women’s Mental Health offers a library of articles about a variety of reproductive psychiatric disorders and information about medication during breastfeeding and pregnancy
The MCH Library’s depression during and after pregnancy Knowledge Path offers links to a broad array of research, data bases, and websites.
Registered Nurses Association of Ontario “Guideline for Postpartum Depression” provides recommended standards and guidelines for care.
Oregon Resources for Provider Support and Consultation
- Oregon Health Sciences University, Center for Women’s Mental Health: Perinatal Mood Disorders Clinic provides consultation and referral services for OHSU and other providers on perinatal mood disorders. Contact Jillian Romm, RN, LCSW (503) 418-4500 or email@example.com
- Cedar Hills Hospital offers a specialized intensive outpatient mother infant program for perinatal mood disorders. 24-hour psychiatric assessment hotline 1-877-703-8880 or 503-944-5000
- For questions about mental health services provided to Oregon Health Plan (OHP) clients, go to http://www.oregon.gov/OHA/amh/tools-providers.shtml or consult with the client’s medical or mental health plan. For fee for service clients, call Provider Services at: 1-800-336-6016.