Farm Direct Nutrition Program
The Oregon Farm Direct Nutrition Program (Farm Direct) provides WIC families and low income seniors with checks to purchase fresh, locally-grown fruits, vegetable and cut herbs directly from local farmers. In 2014, local farmers earned $1.13 million in Farm Direct sales to seniors and WIC families.
WIC Fruit & Veggie Voucher
Farmers may sign up with the Oregon Department of Agriculture to accept both Farm Direct checks and the WIC Fruit & Veggie vouchers!
- View the Fruit & Veggie voucher fact sheet.
- View a table that compares the Farm Direct check with the WIC Fruit & Veggie Voucher.
Training & Reference Materials
- February 3, 2015 notice of change in eligibility of potatoes
- View flyer describing opportunities for farmers with the Farm Direct Nutrition Program and the WIC Fruit and Veggie Voucher.
- View Farm Direct Nutrition Program Rules for Participation, which applicant farmers must review in-person with their market manager to state WIC staff prior to authorization.
- View Farmer Guide, which farmers receive upon authorization. Describes everything that authorized farmers need to know about Farm Direct checks and WIC Fruit & Veggie vouchers.
- View point of sales sheet, a quick reference on the check-out process for the Farm Direct check and the WIC Fruit & Veggie voucher. Authorized farmers are strongly encouraged to keep this handy!
- View Market Manager Guide that markets received upon Farm Direct designation. Describes everything market managers need to know about market participation in the Farm Direct Nutrition Program, including how to provide the required face-to-face Farm Direct training to applicant farmers.
- Go to WIC's Fruit & Veggie Resources page. Includes a link to the Oregon Department of Agriculture's searchable directory of farm stands and farmers' markets authorized to accept Farm Direct checks and WIC Fruit & Veggie vouchers.
Farmer Training Video
This video provides an overview of the Farm Direct Nutrition Program (FDNP) and guides applicant farmers through the process of accepting WIC Fruit & Veggie vouchers and FDNP checks.