We know many WIC and Head Start programs are already working together and we've heard many success stories! We also know there are opportunities to improve collaboration in our communities. Among the areas identified for improvement in the 2007 WIC/Head Start survey:
- Communication between local agencies.
- Continuity of care for high risk families.
- Weight, height, and hemoglobin data sharing.
- Shared nutrition education (classes) for parents.
- Consistent nutrition education messages.
- Shared staff training.
WIC-Head Start Data Sharing Agreement Materials