This page is a resource for grocery stores and pharmacies. For more information, call the Vendor Answer Line at 1-877-807-0889 or e-mail email@example.com
Oregon WIC participants receive nutrition education along with benefits on an eWIC card to purchase specific foods from WIC-authorized vendors throughout Oregon.
Current topics for WIC vendors
- October 7, 2016: New training video for WIC vendors
- September 19, 2016: Memo, new WIC Food List effective 10/1/2016
- August 29, 2016: Memo, 10/1/16 changes to WIC Food List and minimum stock requirements (associated documents: updated Minimum Stock Requirements and list of foods being removed from the WIC Food List)
- August 4, 2016: Memo, updated vendor training materials
- July 1, 2016: Memo, end of WIC vouchers in Oregon
- June 24, 2016: Memo, scanning formulas sold in 6 packs
Becoming a WIC vendor
Be sure to read all instructions in the application packet before completing and submitting your application. If you have any questions, call the Vendor Answer Line at 1-877-807-0889.
If your grocery store is interested in becoming WIC authorized you must:
- Have a permanent fixed location for your store with adequate refrigeration, freezer and shelf space.
- Currently be Food Stamp/SNAP authorized (or pending authorization).
- Commit to meeting WIC minimum stock requirements for ALL items at ALL times. For more information see Minimum Stock Requirements for your store size and the WIC Food List. For small stores looking to boost produce sales or add more fruit and vegetable options, see our video How to Make Money Selling Produce.
- Commit to keeping your pricing competitive with other stores in your peer group.
- Commit to purchasing your infant formula from an allowed distributor.
- Read the Sample Vendor Agreement and be prepared to sign it if offered WIC authorization.
To proceed, download and complete the Oregon WIC Application - Grocery Store
WIC authorizes pharmacies to sell formula and medical foods only. Pharmacies are exempt from Minimum Stock Requirements.
To proceed, download and complete the Oregon WIC Application - Pharmacy
WIC authorized Food List
The WIC Food List shows which foods you can sell to WIC clients. A new Food List has been released effective 10/1/2016. The Food List is now available in print in English and Spanish, and electronically in Chinese, Russian, Somali, Vietnamese and Arabic.
Infant formula distributors
WIC authorized vendors are required to order infant formula from authorized sources. See the list below for manufacturers and distributors who are currently authorized. If you don't see your source listed, fill out this form and send it to the Oregon WIC program.
WIC Vendor Advisory Council
The WIC Vendor Advisory Council (VAC) serves as an open communication channel between the Oregon WIC Program and the state's WIC-authorized vendors. VAC provides an avenue for gathering issues and information on a broad array of WIC-related subjects that impact vendors.
2017 meeting schedule:
- January 26
- April 27
- July 27
- October 26
All 2017 meetings will be held 10:00 a.m. - noon, at the Portland State Office Building,800 NE Oregon St, Portland.