Paramedics who are currently licensed/certified in another state and who hold a current National Registry certification but do not meet the degree or work experience requirement for Oregon paramedic may be eligible for an Oregon provisional paramedic license.
Oregon's provisional paramedic license may be an option for licensed/certified paramedics from other states who have been offered employment in Oregon, but do not have an Associate’s degree. Oregon's provisional paramedic license allows the paramedic to work and complete the requirements for an Associate’s degree.
To be eligible for an Oregon provisional paramedic license, the following criteria must be met:
- Be currently licensed/certified in another state and be in good standing with their board.
- Hold a current National Registry Paramedic Certificate.
- Be employed or have a valid employment offer from Oregon EMS agency.
- Have Oregon EMS Medical Director who is willing to protocol a provisional licensed paramedic.
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution for higher learning and be able to complete their degree within 24 months of being licensed.
Paramedics who answer yes to all of the above may be eligible for an Oregon provisional paramedic license.
To apply for a Oregon provisional paramedic license, please complete the Reciprocity/Provisional Packet Request Form on this page then submit the completed application packet.