HCRQI facility rules are located in Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR), Chapter 333, Divisions 027, 035, 071, 072, 076, 080, 081, 275, 500, 501, 505, 510, 515, 520, 525, 530, 535, 536, 700.
OAR's are developed from Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) Chapters 441, 442, 443, and 688.
New and Amended Rules
Hospital and Ambulatory Surgery Center Legislative Action Rule Changes - OAR 333-076 and OARs 333-500 through 333-535
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division has permanently amended Oregon Administrative Rules relating to hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers in response to legislation that was passed during the 2015 legislative session, in addition to making minor housekeeping changes. Final rules have been filed with the Secretary of State's Office and became effective on February 24, 2016. The final rules address the following:
- Credentialing and privileges for nurse midwife nurse practitioners [HB 2930: ORS 441.064(5)];
- Telemedicine provider credentialing [SB 569 (2013): ORS 441.056];
- Discharge planning requirements with lay caregivers and for persons hospitalized for mental health treatment [HB 2023: ORS 441.196 and HB 3378: ORS 441.198];
- Identification of and necessary actions for persons in need of palliative care [SB 608: ORS 413.270 - 413.273];
- Practice of surgical technology and education requirements [HB 2876: ORS 676.870 - 676.890];
- Record retention requirements; and
- Minor housekeeping corrections, alignment with other state agency rules and removal of duplicative rules.
OAR 333-076 - Ambulatory Surgery Centers
OAR 333-500 through 333-535 - Hospitals
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR)
Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS)
- Health Care Facilities - Chapter 441 [Hospitals, ASC's, Special In Patient Care Facilities, Organ Procurement]
- Residential Care Facilities - Chapter 443 - [Home Health, Hospice, In Home Care, ORDF (ESRD)]
- Health Planning - Chapter 442 - [Certificate of Need, health care facilities]
- Therapeutic & Technical - Chapter 688 - (Hemodialysis Technicians]
- CFR Title 42, Chapter IV, Parts 414-429 (CMS regulations) [ASC, Hospice]
- CFR Title 42, Chapter IV, Parts 482-498 (CMS regulations) [ORDF (ESRD), Home Health, Hospitals, RHC]
- CFR 42, Chapter IV, Section 494 - [Out Patient Renal Dialysis Facility (ESRD)]