The Performance Management Program (PMP) supports Local Public Health Authority (LPHA) Accreditation Readiness Projects with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (OSTLTS), as part of the National Public Health Improvement Initiative (NPHII). The first grant cycle ran from August 2011 to September 2012 and the second cycle runs January to June 2013.
This map highlights county health departments that have received PMP grants in support of LPHA Accreditation and county health departments that have received accreditation related grants from the Northwest Health Foundation.
2013 Performance Management Program Grant Projects
The current grant cycle projects involve implementation of relevant and essential activities to prepare the organization for applying for national public health accreditation:
- Clatsop County: Development of a continuous quality improvement plan and public health strategic plan.
- Jackson County: Development of a Community Health Assessment in conjunction with the county's two Coordinated Care Organizations.
- Klamath County: Development of an agency strategic plan.
- Multnomah County: Development of a Community Health Improvement Plan.
- Washington County: Creation of a workforce development plan.
- Yamhill County: Development of a cohesive Performance Management Quality Improvement System.
2011-2012 Performance Management Program Grant Projects
The 2011-2012 grant cycle projects involved implementation of relevant and essential activities to prepare the organization for applying for national public health accreditation:
- Development of a community health assessment.
- Development of a community health improvement plan.
- Development of an LPHA-wide strategic plan.
- Organizing the agency workforce and documentation for accreditation; including, but not limited to, identification of essential staff roles, team charters, ensuring leadership support, assessment and examples of simple changes in daily work culture to help prepare for evidence collection and documentation in meeting PHAB standards.
- Quality improvement activities to address a deficiency related to a specified PHAB standard or measure.
- Full grantee project descriptions