Billable Vaccine Workgroup
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
This workgroup will focus on the development of a set of billing standards for the immunization services provided in Oregon’s public clinics. These standards will detail the policies and procedures that these agencies should have in place for billing. This group will assist in establishing the specifics of those standards, including timelines for implementation.
Meetings will take place monthly via conference call. All calls will take place on the third Tuesday of each month from 2:00-3:00pm.
|Meeting Schedule, 2013|
|Additional meetings TBD based on need|
- Vaccine Administration Fee calculator (Excel)
Use this spreadsheet to determine the administration fee that reflects the true cost of immunization services provided by your agency. Note: this resource was developed by the Arizona Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics for private clinics but can be adjusted for public clinics.
- Vaccine Inventory Value calculator (Excel)
This resource can be used to calculate the dollar value of your inventory or to determine the value of all vaccines provided by your agency over a given period of time. This information can be useful when reporting agency services to administrators, county commissioners, or in community health reports.
- Family Planning cost analysis
Several health departments are using this tool, provided by the Oregon Reproductive Health Program, to also determine costs associated with immunization services. Scroll down to the "Cost Analysis Training with Gerry Christie" for the manual and webinar presentations.
- Vaccine Administration Fee Presentation (PowerPoint)
- Marion County – New Private Insurance Billing Procedures (pdf)
- Marion County – Eligibility Screening Form (pdf)
- Independent Insurance Eligibility Verification: A Cost/Benefit Review for Immunization Billing. The Arizona Partnership for Immunization (pdf)
- Medicare Coverage of Immunizations. Part B versus Part D. Sanofi Pasteur, 2012 (pdf)
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Immunization, Litjen (L.J) Tan, MS, PhD, Director of Medicine and Public Health, American Medical Association (pdf)