Oregon Administrative Rules — State Supplied Vaccine Accountability
333-047-0030 — Training
(1) Any entity receiving state supplied vaccine shall require that at least two currently employed staff persons, owners or partners complete immunization related training at least once every two years as follows:
- (a) Clinical administration of vaccines; and
- (b) Storage, handling and inventory management of vaccines.
(2) An entity shall provide Authority staff with written documentation that it has met the requirements of section (1) of this rule or that it is exempt from training upon request or at every official Vaccines for Children site visit.
(3) An entity receiving state-supplied vaccine is responsible for retaining documentation that at least two currently employed staff persons, owners, or partners have completed the required clinical administration and vaccine management training course at least once every two years.
(4) The Authority will make available to entities no-cost internet based training available in on-demand format.
(5) Web-based training will include an official certification receipt for staff meeting competence standards.
(6) The Authority will exempt an entity from the training requirement in section (1) of this rule if an entity demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Authority that it, or that a licensing board with jurisdiction over some employees of the entity, requires training that is substantially similar to the training available from the Authority. An entity may submit a request for an exemption on a form prescribed by the Authority.
(7) The training requirements required by section (1) of this rule are effective January 1, 2013.
Stat. Auth.: HB 2371 (Oregon Laws 2011, chapter 362)
Stats. Implemented: HB 2371 (Oregon Laws 2011, chapter 362)
Review the administrative rule.