The Ambulance Service and Ambulance Licensing program has the responsibility for developing, implementing and enforcing the standards pertaining to the operation of ambulance services in the state of Oregon to ensure the citizens of and visitors to Oregon have access to efficient and effective ambulance services.
- Establishing standards for the licensing and the operation of ambulance services and ambulances
- Establishing standards for county ambulance service area plans and to approve each county ambulance service area plan
- Conducting announced and unannounced inspections of ambulance service facilities, records and ambulances to ensure that the established standards are being met
- Responding to and investigating complaints
- Approving medical directors, who provides direction of, and is ultimately responsible for emergency and non-emergency care rendered by certified emergency medical technicians and first responders affiliated with ambulance services and non-transporting emergency medical service agencies.
- ORS 682 - ambulance service licensing, ambulance licensing, and ambulance service areas.
- ORS 820 - application of traffic laws in operating ambulances and ambulance records.