To ensure that the citizens of and visitors to Oregon have access to efficient and effective ambulance services, the Professional Standards Unit has the responsibility for developing, implementing and enforcing the standards pertaining to the actions of certified personnel, agencies and operation of ambulance services in the state of Oregon.
Our goal is to ensure that efficient and effective ambulance service is available to everyone in Oregon.
Note: If you are using Firefox and are having issues filling the form from your computer, get support from Firefox
Applicable Statutes and Rules
- ORS 682 - Regulation of Ambulance Services and Emergency Medical Personnel
- ORS 820 - Exemptions from traffic laws
- OAR 333-250 - Ambulance Service Licensing
- OAR 333-255 - Ambulance Licensing
- OAR 333-260 - County Ambulance Service Area Plans
- OAR 333-265 - Emergency Medical Technicians
- OAR 847-035 - Board of Medical Examiners, Scope of Practice for EMTs