Resources for local health departments, healthcare providers and community partners.
On this page:
Key Public Health Messages
Community Health Assessments and Quality Improvement
- NACCHO provides resources, publications, and fact sheets to assist county health departments in the community health assessment and improvement planning processes.
- The CDC Community Health Assessment and Group Evaluation (CHANGE) tool walks community members through a health assessment and need prioritization process.
- The National Network of Public Health Institutes offers tools on quality improvement and public health evidence-based practices.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation includes county health rankings, information on accreditation and quality improvement, and examples of successful public health partnerships.
- The Health Resources and Services Administration Quality Toolkit is designed to assist health care organizations with its quality improvement efforts. The toolkit is comprised of tools and resources to support an organization's new or existing QI program.
- The Public Health Quality Improvement Exchange (PHQIX) is a centralized communication hub dedicated to supporting quality improvement efforts in public health practices throughout the county. You may submit your own quality improvement initiative or search for interventions that might be relevant to your community.
Evidence-based Programs and Services
- The Community Guide includes a systematic review of programs and policies to improve community health and prevent disease.
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force conducts scientific evidence reviews of a broad range of clinical preventive health care services (such as screening, counseling, and preventive medications) and develops recommendations for primary care clinicians and health systems.
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update is a product of the Tobacco Use and Dependence Guideline Panel (“the Panel”), a consortium representatives, consultants, and staff. These 37 individuals were charged with the responsibility of identifying effective, experimentally validated tobacco dependence treatments and practices.
- The CDC’s State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Public Health Professionals Gateway offers information, resources, and training opportunities related to changes in the health system, with an emphasis on how they affect state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
- The American Public Health Association provides information related to the ACA’s Prevention and Public Health Fund, including background, FAQs, and key resources.
Prevention and Wellness Fact Sheets