Below is a list of some of the public health related jobs available in Oregon local health departments.
Jobs are listed alphabetically by county.
TIP: For more jobs, check this list of Public Health Division jobs or browse the State of Oregon Jobs page.
CLATSOP COUNTY – Tobacco Prevention & Education Program Coordinator (Health Promotion Specialist) – Clatsop County Public Health – Astoria, OR
This position performs health promotion and disease prevention activities under the direction of the Public Health Director including community assessment, program planning, mobilization, implementation and evaluation of program effectiveness. Plans, implements and evaluates the educational components of the Tobacco Prevention and Healthy Communities programs as assigned. Researches, develops, and monitors grants that address tobacco prevention and related health problems. Develops and implements policy systems and strategies that focus on key risk factors that contribute to chronic disease. Fosters collaborative partnerships between health systems, school, business, public health, and community sectors to implement improvements intended to make the healthy choice the easier choice.
For a full description of this job go to: https://www.co.clatsop.or.us/jobs
Application deadline: Open until filled. First review Jan. 5, 2017
Contact information: Clatsop County Human Resources, 800 Exchange, Suite 410, Astoria OR 97103, email@example.com, Fax: 503-325-8325
COOS COUNTY – Home Visiting Public Health Nurse 1 – Coos Health & Wellness – North Bend, OR
We are seeking a motivated full time nurse home visitor to provide case management, parenting and child development education, and nursing services to at risk infants – young adults and their family members. Hours: Monday – Friday, 8-5. Excellent health, vacation, retirement benefits in addition to a supportive team, a new office building (currently being built), and a backdrop of the scenic Southern Oregon Coast.
For a full description of this job go to: http://www.co.coos.or.us/Portals/0/Human%20Resources/Announcement%20for%20Public%20Health%20Nurse%20I%206-27-2016.pdf?ver=2016-06-28-082646-777
Application deadline: Open until filled
Contact information: Human Resources 541-396-7580
DESCHUTES COUNTY – Multiple Positions – Deschutes County Health Services – Bend, OR
Deschutes County has been selected to participate in a two-year federally-funded behavioral health pilot program. The new Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) program is designed to increase coordination of care and other treatment services for individuals with the most serious, complex mental illnesses and addictions. The additional funding will enable the Deschutes County Health Services Department to expand behavioral health services provided to veterans, seniors who are enrolled in Medicare, and other underserved groups. It will also allow for increased collaboration with agencies serving veterans.
Oregon is one of eight states that were selected for the pilot program, which is part of a two-year $1.1 billion federal investment in mental health and addiction treatment at the community level. Deschutes County is one of 13 Oregon counties that will be participating in the pilot program.
To adequately staff the CCBHC program, Deschutes County will hire 29 limited duration employees. New staff members will be hired on 2 year limited duration basis and include the following:
- Behavioral Health Specialist I – Outpatient Case Manager – 2 positions
- Peer Support Specialist – 4 positions
- Public Health Nurse II/Psychiatric – 3 positions
- Senior Secretary – Behavioral Health - 6 positions
- Behavioral Health Specialist II – Child & Family
- Behavioral Health Specialist II – Older Adult
- Administrative Assistant
- Health Services Administrative Specialist I
- Quality Improvement Specialist
- Management Analyst
- Administrative Analyst
For a full description of this job go to: www.deschutes.org/jobs
Application deadline: Open until filled
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
MARION COUNTY – Public Health Nurse 3 – Marion County Health Department – Salem, OR
This position provides direct case management service for women and their children through Babies First, CaCoon, and Maternity Case Management Programs. To include:
1) Serves as CaCoon Coordinator for Marion County Health Department (a CaCoon contract requirement).
2) Coordinates training & day to day activities of the Public Health Worker 3, including regular consultation & oversight of activities.
3) Conducts home visits, performs comprehensive holistic assessments of the client, including physical, hearing, vision, developmental screening and other screenings, and assessment of psychosocial needs. Obtains heights, weights, and blood pressures as appropriate.
4) Provides information and supports client access to service; advocates for client need.
5) Provides case management coordination of services to prevent duplication, promote continuity of care, & provides integration of client services to meet client & community needs.
6) Reviews, evaluates, & modifies care coordination with family & monitors progress. Develops and implements Shared Plans of Care with community partners and families according to contract guidelines.
7) Records in medical records.
8) Participates in planning & implementation of activities SCHN (Services for Children with Special Health Needs) staff.
9) Develops & provides consultation in creation of informational materials providing information about disabilities & CaCoon role in serving this population.
10) Collaborates with other community service providers, including physicians, therapists, pharmacists, home health agencies, schools, hospitals & community/state agencies.
11) Drives motor vehicle to home visits.
12) Maintains productivity standard of 6 visits per week to clients on her caseload.
Caseload range of 32-36.
Application deadline: Open until sufficient applications are received
MARION COUNTY – Health Team Supervisor – Public Health Nursing – Marion County Health Department – Salem, OR
MCHD has an interest in developing a nurse manager with an interest in leadership and a passion for public health. The Health Team Supervisor will supervise a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, paraprofessionals and health educators. The position is part of a team of six public health supervisors. The programs supervised will be nursing-focused, but the final assignment may vary depending upon th applicant's prior experience and interest.
For a full description of this job go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/marion
Application deadline: Open until sufficient applications are received.
Contact information: Shannon Schmidtke email@example.com or 503-584-4824
MULTNOMAH COUNTY – Community Health Nurse (RN) (African American Culturally Specific) – Health Department – Portland, OR
This 1.0 FTE Community Health Nurse (CHN) African American Culturally Specific KSA position will work at Jefferson and Parkrose High Schools (12 month position).
This position is a 12 month position that works year round. Must be able to work with children, youth and families from all backgrounds. Must also have advanced knowledge of and experience working with the African American community and bring knowledge of the traditions, values and customs of the African American community into a health and wellness promotion lens. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate commitment to the SBHC program's mission, ability to work in a small team within a centralized administrative structure and a willingness to meet or exceed program standards. The CHN position works with several teams at multiple locations. The CHN provides comprehensive community and clinic health services directed towards the prevention of disease, the promotion of health, and the clients self care using professional judgment in comprehensive assessment, screening, nursing diagnosis, care planning, counseling, intervention, case management, health information /education, referral and evaluation. The ideal candidate will have experience working with school aged youth, the ability to prioritize and be flexible to the needs of the team and clients, strong problem solving abilities, and effective communication skills.
Application deadline: March 17, 2017
MULTNOMAH COUNTY – Nursing Supervisor, Rockwood Health Center – Multnomah County Public Health – Portland, OR
Under the direction of the clinic manager, this position manages, directs, organizes, and evaluates the nursing and clinical interventions, and community health activities within the clinic. This nursing supervisor provides guidance and supervision to nursing and related staff regarding nursing and clinical practice issues. This position also assures the appropriate review and observation of nursing, medical and community health activities.
For a full description of this job go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/multnomah
Application deadline: Continuous
Contact information: Sarah Rawson, RN, MN, CNS. 503-988-8732 or firstname.lastname@example.org.