General questions regarding OVERS use for:
Also, please see our OVERS IT FAQ for questions regarding the hardware and software involved.
Frequently Asked Questions and Walkthroughs
- How do I enter the date and time of death in a death record?
- Funeral homes now have access to the Pronouncement page of a record in OVERS, where the date and time of death may be entered or edited. This walkthrough has more information. (added 01/07/2016)
- How do I add a comment to a record in OVERS?
- Each record has a link in the left hand column to add comments. Details on how can be found in this walkthrough. (added 10/21/2015)
- Is OVERS compatible with Windows 10?
- Yes, but the default browser bundled with it, Windows Edge, is not. Please see our tutorial on accessing OVERS with Windows 10 using Internet Explorer. (added 09/25/2015)
- How should I submit multiple amendments to a record at one time?
- Amendments can be bundled in OVERS so that you only need to sign once. This document walks you through the process with a birth record as an example. (added 09/25/2015)
- How do I override a yellow edit rule in a record?
- Please see this example of overriding an edit rule (updated 09/01/2016)
- How do I report an infant's place of birth if they were born en route to the hospital, or under other unusual circumstances?
- Walkthrough of updating the Place of Birth page within OVERS (added 12/09/2013)
- Why are fingerprints used to sign records in the Oregon Vital Events Registration System (OVERS)?
- Here is an overview of the reasons why fingerprints are used as signatures, as well as their security (added 04/11/2014)
- How are my fingerprints secured within OVERS?
- Description of biometric hashing process and its security features (added 12/09/2013)
- In EDRS, how do I find the exact name of a licensed facility for the Place of Death page?
- This resource provides up-to-date lists of licensed facilities in Oregon, which you can then search for within OVERS (added 04/2013)
- When using OVERS, how do I enter special characters from other languages?
- Instructions for using special characters in names (added 12/2008)
- How do I submit an Amendment to a record using OVERS?
- How to make an electronic amendment (updated 03/2013)
- How do I send a Death Certificate to a Medical Certifier to complete in OVERS?
- Instructions on requesting medical certification electronically (updated 04/2015)
- How do I send a Death Certificate to a Medical Examiner to complete in OVERS?
- Instructions to refer to a medical examiner (updated 04/2013)
- OVERS is behaving unexpectedly. What can I do?
- Try deleting your internet explorer cache (added 01/2013)
- How do I add a Birth Attendant to OVERS?
- Complete this form to add a birth attendant (added 10/2011)
- Is there an easy way to access the OVERS website?
- Create a shortcut on your computer's desktop (added 01/2013)
Call the OVERS Help Desk at 971-673-0279 weekdays for further assistance.