The Living Well, Tomando Control, and Positive Self-Management programs are all licensed programs of Stanford University's Patient Education Research Center.
For complete information about licensing, fee schedules, and the Stanford University license application, see: Licensing Requirements from Stanford.
Overview of Requirements and Fees
- The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) is a licensed program of Stanford University, and Stanford retains ownership of the copyright to the program.
- Leaders agree that they will not alter the program.
- Agencies or organizations offering CDSMP must obtain a license before being trained.
- 3-year organizational license from Stanford is $500 for organizations that will offer up to 10 programs per year.
- For those who find the licensing fee to be a barrier, there are two options:
(1) Organizations can e-mail Stanford to request a reduced license fee, or
(2) they can work with another organization that is already licensed.
There are a number of currently licensed organizations and agencies within Oregon, including DHS. If a group collaborates with a local DHS office or another currently licensed organization, they can be covered by the existing license.
Licensed Oregon Organizations
Get more information about organizations in Oregon currently licensed to offer Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs:
Stanford Listing of Licensed Organizations
Get more information about organizations currently licensed to offer Stanford Self-Management Programs: