On this page:
Making changes to your registry
Participants must notify OMMP in writing within 30 days of any changes to:
- Mailing address
- Grow site address
- Caregiver or grower designations
After cards are issued, a $100 replacement card fee is required to:
- Designate or add a caregiver or grower
- Designate or update the grow site address
The replacement card fee is reduced to $20 if the patient submits proof of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (pdf) or proof of having served in the Armed Forces of the United States.
No fee payment is required and cards will not be reissued for the following change requests:
- Change mailing addresses
- Remove a Caregiver
- Remove a grower/grow site
To submit a change request:
**Please keep a copy of the documents you submit.**
View our Frequently Asked Questions.
Cardholders must renew registration every year. When it is time to renew, we will send a renewal packet including:
- Renewal instructions
- An application form that shows your current registration information
- An Attending Physician's Statement
- Current registration expiration date
To renew your registration, submit:
Do not submit your renewal application too early. An Attending Physician Statement must be signed within 90 days of your current registration expiration date. If you send your renewal application more than 90 days before your current card expires, your Attending Physician's Statement will not be valid.
If the OMMP does not receive your complete renewal application by the current registration expiration date, your registration card will no longer be valid and you will no longer be protected from civil and criminal penalties.
A patient may request the expiration of his/her cards be extended if he/she is facing a personal hardship.
To request an extension:
Submit the Extension Request form before your current registration expiration date.
In order for an extension to be granted, the extension request must be:
- Received on or before the date the cards expire
- Signed by the patient
- The only extension request granted to the patient in the last 3 years
Withdrawing from the program
A cardholder may withdraw from OMMP at any time by submitting a signed request.
- All cards must be returned to the OMMP within 7 calendar days of the date that the OMMP was notified of the withdrawal.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to notify his/her caregiver and/or grower that his/her card is no longer valid.