The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) is responsible for the registration, regulation and oversight of medical marijuana in Oregon, including medical marijuana growers and grow sites. OMMP growers are individuals designated by a patient to produce marijuana for the patient. The patient may designate themselves or another person as their grower.
Grow site fee
The grow site registration fee is $200.
Who must pay - Growers must pay the grow site registration fee IF they are:
- Growing for another person; or
- Growing at a site other than their home; or
- Growing more than 12 plants; or
- Transferring excess product to processors or dispensaries.
When to pay - Payment is due when:
- A patient applies for the first time; or
- A patient renews their registration, or
- Makes a change and designates a new grower.
The payment is due when the patient is applying for the first time, renewing their registration, or making a change and designating a new grower.
OMMP will notify a grower when a patient submits a new or renewal application and lists them as the grower. The notification will instruct you to log into your online account and pay the grower fee.
Online payment can only be made with a credit or debit card.
- Must be 21 years of age or older. (OAR 333-008-0025)
- Cannot have been convicted of a Class A or Class B felony under ORS 475.752 to 475.920 for the manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance in Schedule I or Schedule II within the previous two years or more than once. (OAR 333-008-0025)
- Cannot be growing for more than 4 patients at a time. (OAR 333-008-0550)
- Cannot grow more than 6 mature plants per patient. (OAR 333-008-0560)
- Must abide by the mature plant maximum determined by their grow site address zoning. (OAR 333-008-0560)
- Must pay the grow site registration fee of $200 beginning April 1, 2016. (OAR 333-008-0021)
- Must submit monthly reporting data online to OHA beginning in July 2016 for the month of June 2016 and monthly thereafter. (OAR 333-008-0630)
TO BE EXEMPT from paying the grow site registration fee and submitting monthly reporting data, ALL of the following must be true:
- You are growing only for yourself; and
- You are growing at your own residence where there are 12 or fewer mature plants; and
- You are not transferring product to an OHA processing site or dispensary. (OAR 333-008-0630)
Create an online account
If you are required to submit monthly reporting data, you will need to create an online account.
IF ANY ONE OF THE BELOW ARE TRUE YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND SUBMIT MONTHLY REPORTS:
- I am named as a grower for a patient.
- I am growing at a grow site address where there are more than 12 mature plants.
- I am growing at a grow site address that is not the patient’s residence.
- I am selling excess usable medical marijuana, seeds or immature plants to medical processors or medical dispensaries.
- I am a patient growing for myself and transferring excess marijuana to medical processors or medical dispensaries.
Growers can email MMG.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that OMMP is bound by strict confidentiality rules under statute and will not discuss confidential information through email.