A to Z
Data &
Forms &
News &
Licensing &
Rules &
Public Health
Client Services for People Living with HIV/AIDS

Can I get help?

Who can help me get services?

What kind of help can I get?

Who can help me pay for health care?

Where can I get more information?

Can I get help?
Yes! Start by contacting your local county health department. The health department may give you the name of a trained HIV case manager who is able to help you. You can get help if:
  • You have HIV (or the family member you are trying to help has HIV)
  • You meet the income limit. Limits may be different for different programs.
  • You live in Oregon or Clark County, Washington.
  • You provide the information needed.

The information you share will be kept confidential.

Who can help me get services?
HIV case managers can!
Case managers are located throughout the state, and they know about the services and programs available in their area to help HIV-positive Oregonians and their families. Case managers can help determine eligibility for various programs that can assist you. They can help with information and referrals, adherance to HIV medications, and coordination between health partners. Your HIV case manager is probably at your county health department. They may also be found in some community-based organizations and clinics.

What kind of help can I get?
You may qualify for help with:
  • HIV case management
  • Prescription drugs
  • Medical care
  • Health insurance
  • Dental care
  • Mental health therapy/counseling
  • Drug and alcohol treatment/counseling
  • Housing assistance
  • Transportation
  • Food
  • Utilities

Who can help me pay for health care?
Do you need help paying for part or even all of your monthly health insurance premiums? Do you need help paying for your Oregon Health Plan, employer health insurance, COBRA or individual policy?
CAREAssist can help eligible HIV-positive Oregonians with:
  • health insurance
  • prescription drugs
  • health insurance co-payments and deductibles
CALL US to see if you are eligible:
  • Portland area: 971-673-0144
  • Outside Portland: 1-800-805-2313

Prescription drugs are expensive and those used to treat HIV are VERY expensive. If you have no health insurance to pay for them, CAREAssist has a long list of drugs that are provided at no charge to clients. If you have insurance that does not cover the full cost of prescriptions, CAREAssist can cover those "deductibles," "co-payments" and "co-insurance" costs.