When getting a food handler card, make sure it is approved in Oregon. There are a number of fake online courses saying they are approved in Oregon that are not, so be sure to get your card from one of the approved providers below.
About food handler cards
- Food service workers are required to get a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work.
- The cost of the card is $10.00 and the card is valid for three years.
- Food handler cards issued in any county are valid throughout Oregon.
- If you have a valid food manager training certificate, it is accepted in lieu of a food handler card.
- Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Oregon.
Help! I've lost my card! The food handler provider website isn't working! My card didn't print!
To get a replacement food handler card you will need to contact the Local Environmental Health Office where you originally took the test. They will be able to issue a duplicate card for $5.00.
If you took the class online, you will need to contact the provider directly from the list below with your questions/problems.
Each provider has contact information on their page that you can use to solve issues around online payment, printing, etc.
How can I get a card?
If you are interested in getting a food handler card, you may contact the Local Environmental Health Office in your area or take another approved class from the list below.
Approved providers for Food Handler Certification
Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association Food Handler by Mail certification
At your workplace:
OnSite Food Handler Education. Provides food handler class and certification at your work site.
Contact: Bob Anderson, 541-466-3419.
Cards issued through these companies are NOT approved in Oregon:
- oregonfoodhandlers - Safe Way Certifications (Austin, TX)
- statefoodsafety - State Food Safety