Babies First! is a nurse home visiting program for families with babies and young children up to age 5. The goal of Babies First! is to help families make sure that their babies are healthy as they grow and learn.
Nurses visit you and your baby at home and can:
- Weigh your baby
- Help with breastfeeding
- Check to make sure your child is learning and growing, as they should
- Help you keep your child’s teeth and smile healthy
- Offer information about what to expect as your child grows and develops
- Help you build a happy, loving, and fun relationship between you and your child
- Answer questions about keeping yourself and your child healthy and help you know when to see the doctor
- Help you recognize what your child is telling you before he/she can talk
- Help you make your home safe for your child
- Work with you to solve problems that affect your family’s health
- Help you get health care and/or apply for the Oregon Health Plan
- Refer you to other services you might need
To find out more, contact your local county health department or call (971) 673-0252.