About the RAC
The Radiation Advisory Committee (RAC) was established pursuant to ORS 453.645
. The mission and duty of the RAC is to advise Oregon Health Authority on matters relating to radiological health and radiation protection, including reviewing current and proposed Radiation Protection Services (RPS) administrative rules.
There are eight committee members who, because of their training and experience, are qualified to advise the department on radiological health and radiation protection. The RAC holds at least two public meetings a year. Previous meeting notifications, agendas, and minutes can be found on the meeting archive
The 2016 RAC meetings are scheduled for:
February 10, 2016
June 8, 2016
The meeting notification & agenda will be posted when they become available. Copies of previous meeting notifications, agendas, and minutes can be found on the Meeting Archive page.
Effective January 1, 2015 Members Include:
- Board Chair: Steve Reese, Ph.D., Oregon State University
- Vice Chair: Fred Bremner, D.M.D.
- Barbara Smith, M.S., RT(R)(QM), Portland Community College
- Donna Stevens, M.S., Kaiser Permanente
- Janet Franco, CNMT, M.S., OHSU
- Juliana Cyman D.V.M.
- Rick Waldenburg, SunsUp Tanning
- Scott Young, Oregon Department of Transportation
Radiation Protection Services Management
- David Howe, M.S., Section Manager
- Rick Wendt, Operations and Emergency Response Manager
- Todd Carpenter, Administration and Licensing Manager