Click on the picture to view the Food List in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Somali and Arabic. (These are large image heavy documents with file sizes ranging from 1 to 2 mb and may take a few minutes to open.)
The Food List is available in print form in English and Spanish. To order, contact our office at 971-673-0040. If you need high-quality, print-ready PDFs of these documents, please contact Holly Wilkalis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-673-0037.
WIC offers nutritious foods
WIC provides foods to supplement the diets of pregnant & breastfeeding women, and infants & children under 5 years of age. The foods in a food package are determined by the WIC federal regulations and are designed to be in alignment with the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the infant feeding guidelines of The American Academy of Pediatrics.
The foods selected for the Oregon WIC Food List were chosen based on several factors, such as:
- Federal regulations
- Nutritional value
- Product consistency with the promotion of good nutrition
- Acceptability by WIC participants
- Availability of foods throughout the state
- Packaging sizes
WIC foods include
Specific brands of...
Most brands of...
- Fresh & frozen fruits & vegetables: view Produce Clarifications list
- Whole Grains:
- Milk, eggs, cheese, peanut butter, dried beans, canned tuna and salmon
- Baby food fruits and vegetables and baby food meats: view authorized list effective 10/1/2014
- Special infant formulas and certain medical foods may be provided when prescribed by a physician or health professional for a specified medical condition.