This page is a resource for grocery stores and pharmacies. For more information, call the Vendor Answer Line at 1-877-807-0889 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon WIC participants receive nutrition education along with vouchers to buy specific foods from WIC-authorized vendors throughout Oregon.
eWIC for vendors
The Oregon WIC Program is converting our current WIC paper voucher system to a WIC Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) system (called "eWIC"). For more information on eWIC and vendors, please visit our eWIC for Vendors page.
Current topics for WIC vendors
- June 20, 2016: Memo, recalls of National Frozen Foods green peas and mixed vegetables
- May 11, 2016: Memo, more recalls of CRF Frozen Foods products
- May 4, 2016: Memo, expanded recall of CRF Frozen Foods fruits and vegetables
- May 2, 2016: Memo, second notice of Alimentum and Neosure formula package changes
- eWIC Vendor News, March 22, 2016
- eWIC Wise: Winter 2015 training issue
- December 4, 2015: Memo, Food List addendum
Becoming a WIC vendor
Oregon WIC has resumed accepting applications for prospective new stores. New store authorizations will begin on April 15, 2016. New stores will only be allowed to accept eWIC (no vouchers).
Be sure to read all instructions in the application packet before completing and submitting your application. If you have any questions, call the Vendor Answer Line at 1-877-807-0889.
If your grocery store is interested in becoming WIC authorized you must:
- Have a permanent fixed location for your store with adequate refrigeration, freezer and shelf space.
- Currently be Food Stamp/SNAP authorized (or pending authorization).
- Commit to meeting WIC minimum stock requirements for ALL items at ALL times. For more information see Minimum Stock Requirements for your store size and the WIC Food List.
- Commit to keeping your pricing competitive with other stores in your peer group and submitting shelf prices for selected products (at least) semi-annually or as requested.
- Commit to purchasing your infant formula from an allowed distributor.
- Read the Sample Vendor Agreement and beprepared to sign it if offered WIC authorization.
To proceed, download and complete the Oregon WIC Application - Grocery Store
WIC authorizes pharmacies to sell formula and medical foods only. Pharmacies are exempt from Minimum Stock Requirements.
To proceed, download and complete the Oregon WIC Application - Pharmacy
WIC authorized Food List
The WIC Food List shows which foods you can sell to WIC clients. The most current version is dated "October 1, 2014, revised March 1, 2015" on the cover. The Food List is now available in print in English and Spanish, and electronically in Chinese, Russian, Somali, Vietnamese and Arabic.
Infant formula distributors
WIC authorized vendors are required to order infant formula from authorized sources. See the list below for manufacturers and distributors who are currently authorized. If you don't see your source listed, fill out this form and send it to the Oregon WIC program.
Resources for current WIC vendors
WIC Vendor Advisory Council
The WIC Vendor Advisory Council (VAC) serves as an open communication channel between the Oregon WIC Program and the state's WIC-authorized vendors. VAC provides an avenue for gathering issues and information on a broad array of WIC-related subjects that impact vendors.
2016 meeting schedule:
- Thursday, July 21
- Thursday, October 20
All 2016 meetings will be held 10:00 a.m. - noon, at the Portland State Office Building,800 NE Oregon St, Portland.