The New Year is the perfect time to take advantage of the wellness opportunities at work for a healthier year!
Don’t let the cold and wet weather keep you from staying healthy. Try new, healthy recipes, especially those with fruits and vegetables. Consider different ways to get physical activity this winter. Below are some helpful tips and resources. Remember that a supportive work environment is a proven strategy for success.
Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables
- Take advantage of healthy options in your vending machine and choose more fruits and vegetables from your cafeteria. Thank your wellness coordinator and wellness committee for the healthy options now available at work.
- Join a walking competition promoted at your worksite.
- Take the "Jump Start the New Year Quiz” (doc) to find out what you change to increase your physical activity.
- If you’re looking for ways to stay healthy during the cold and wet weather, read these tips Jump Start the New Year with Physical Activity (pdf). These tips will help you stay active whatever the weather.
- When you can’t get outside during work hours, try these chair exercises from the Arthritis Foundation. This information is helpful whether you have arthritis or not. Pick the one(s) that best suit your needs.
Wellness at Work
- Contract your wellness coordinator or wellness committee members to get involved with promoting wellness at your worksite.
- Interested in maintaining or losing weight? Work with your wellness coordinator to start a weight loss class at your worksite or join one offered in your area.