New Oregon legislation requires that all VFC-participating clinics ensure that two staff take the following trainings and retain the related "Certificates of Completion" for a period of two years. Read more about the law.
How to comply with these new requirements
- Review each of the three training modules below
- Take the 10 question quiz at the end of each module
- Print a "Certificate of Completion" after each quiz
- Keep the three certificates as proof of training
for a smooth training experience
- CHECK YOUR PRINTER: Use a computer with a functioning printer connected and available.
- SET ASIDE ENOUGH TIME: Each module takes roughly 20-30 minutes to complete. Once the training module is started, DO NOT CLOSE the page or you will lose your progress and return to the beginning.
- NO SKIPPING AHEAD: The modules require that you interact with each element on the screen before you can move forward. If you get stuck, it probably means that you forgot to click/watch or listen to something on that screen.
- VIDEO LOADING: The embedded videos take 15-20 seconds to load, so please be patient.
- FAQ: We have created an FAQ sheet (pdf) listing the most commonly asked questions. Have it on hand in case you run into any issues during training.
Technical Support: If you encounter issues not addressed in our FAQ sheet (pdf), please call 971-673-0300 and ask to be routed to any available Health Educator.
1) Preparing Vaccines
Course time: 25 minutes
Overview: Errors during vaccine preparation are a serious matter. This training module teaches you some common sense ways to improve your practice. Start module
2) Administering Vaccines
Course time: 20 minutes
Overview: Vaccine route varies by manufacturer. This training module covers four of the most common types. Start module
3) Storing Vaccines
Course time: 30 minutes
Overview: Proper vaccine storage is essential to an effective immunization practice. This training module will show you some of the "best practices" related to vaccine storage and documentation. Start module