Hospital and Ambulatory Surgery Center Legislative Action Rule Changes: OAR chapter 333, divisions 76 and 500 – 535 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Hearing
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division is proposing to permanently adopt, amend and repeal Oregon Administrative Rules relating to hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers in response to legislation that was passed in the 2015 legislative session, in addition to making minor housekeeping changes.
The proposed rule amendments address the following:
- Credentialing and privileges for nurse midwife nurse practitioners [HB 2930 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 63)];
- Telemedicine provider credentialing [SB 569 (Oregon Laws 2013, chapter 414)];
- Discharge planning requirements with lay caregivers and for persons hospitalized for mental health treatment [HB 2023 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 466) and HB 3378 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 263)];
- Identification of and necessary actions for persons in need of palliative care [SB 608 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 789)];
- Record retention requirements;
- Practice of surgical technology and education requirements [HB 2876 (Oregon Laws 2015, chapter 373)]; and
- Minor housekeeping corrections, alignment with other state agency rules and removal of duplicative rules.
Persons wishing to comment on these proposed rules may do so orally or in writing. Oral testimony may be presented at a public hearing being held in Portland, Oregon at 800 NE Oregon St, Room 221, on December 17, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. Written comments may be submitted before 5:00 p.m. on December 22, 2015 to the Public Health Division Rules Coordinator at the following address:
OHA, Public Health Division
Brittany Sande, Administrative Rules Coordinator
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 930
Portland, Oregon 97232
Final rules will be filed after consideration of all comments.
Details can be found in the following documents: