Oregon may award an emergency medical services provider license through reciprocity to an individual who has a current National Registry Certification and meets the requirements for licensure in Oregon per ORS 682 and OAR 333-265.
An individual applying for reciprocity in the State of Oregon at the level of EMT, AEMT or Paramedic will need to order a reciprocity packet by completing the form below.
If applying for reciprocity in the State of Oregon at the level of EMT, AEMT or Paramedic, follow the instructions on the information sheet.
- Active Duty military or individuals who were discharged in the last 180 days and who are requesting reciprocity in the State of Oregon will need to follow the instructions on the information sheet.
If a Nationally Registered paramedic does not meet the degree or work history requirements, they may be eligible for a provisional license.
Oregon EMS provider licenses by reciprocity are granted at the level of the applicant’s National Registry Certification with the exception of I-99 which will be granted Oregon EMT-Intermediate, and I-85 which will be granted Oregon EMT.
Request an application packet
To request a reciprocity application packet, complete and submit the form below. Packets will typically arrive by U.S. Postal Service within 10 business days.
Reciprocity Fees (Including $44.50 fingerprint fee)
- EMR - $50.00 + $44.50 = $94.50
- EMT - $140.00 + $44.50 = $184.50
- AEMT - $165.00 + $44.50 = $209.50
- Intermediate - $165.00 + $44.50 = $209.50
- Paramedic - $300.00 + $44.50 = $344.50
Provisional Paramedic License
Paramedics who are currently licensed/certified in another state and who hold a current National Registry certification but do not meet the degree or work experience requirement for Oregon paramedic may be eligible for an Oregon provisional paramedic license.
Oregon's provisional paramedic license may be an option for licensed/certified paramedics from other states who have been offered employment in Oregon, but do not have an Associate’s degree. Oregon's provisional paramedic license allows the paramedic to work and complete the requirements for an Associate’s degree.
To be eligible for an Oregon provisional paramedic license, the following criteria must be met:
- Be currently licensed/certified in another state and be in good standing with their board.
- Hold a current National Registry Paramedic Certificate.
- Be employed or have a valid employment offer from Oregon EMS agency.
- Have Oregon EMS Medical Director who is willing to protocol a provisional licensed paramedic.
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution for higher learning and be able to complete their degree within 24 months of being licensed.
Paramedics who answer yes to all of the above may be eligible for an Oregon provisional paramedic license.
To apply for a Oregon Provisional Paramedic License
Provisional Paramedic License Fees
$300.00 Paramedic application
$44.50 - Background check (fingerprints)
$50.00 - Provisional Paramedic fee