The MTU is designed to ensure that first responders and volunteer ambulance personnel in rural and underserved areas are adequately trained, licensed and able to provide quality 911 services. We provide continuing education that is mandatory for these licensed responders.
Schedule training at your agency
- Please review the "Notes" section to see if registration is required.
- Courses that do not require registration are hosted by the Fire Department listed, but the presentation will be taught by the MTU.
- Contact the MTU if you have any questions.
Primary responsibilities of the MTU
- Provide continuing education to certificate holders for recertification requirements
- Impart national and state standards of care to rural EMS providers
- Instruct on new EMS skills or techniques
- Provide training in disaster response, incident command and patient triage
- Assist in the development of regional and local disaster drills
- Teach courses on instructional development
- Provide EMS program assistance to rural community colleges
- Assist with instruction of initial EMS provider education
- Provide annual recertification and instructional development to Oregon State Police EMS instructor group
- Support the state EMS office through curriculum development, training and support of certifying officers for EMS provider licensure exams