The Authority can impose a range of disciplinary sanctions pursuant to ORS 682 and OAR 333.265:
- Reprimand-A formal notice to the EMS provider that OHA-EMS standards have been violated. The EMS provider license is not "encumbered."
- Civil Penalty-A fine of up to $5,000 per violation.
- Probation-An imposition of restrictions or conditions under which an EMS provider must practice.
- Suspension-A period of time during which an EMS provider may not practice.
- Revocation-A removal of a license for an unspecified period of time, perhaps permanently.
- Voluntary Surrender-An action on the part of the EMS provider to give up her/his license instead of facing potential suspension or revocation.
- Denial of Licensure-An action by the Authority not to issue a license.
All disciplinary sanctions are reported to the National Practitioners Data Bank (NPDB).
To make a public records request regarding final disciplinary sanctions, please put your request in writing and send to:
State of Oregon
EMS Professional Standards Unit
PO Box 14450, Portland, OR 97293
Alternatively, you may send your request via e-mail to Professional Standards Unit. Your request should include the name of the EMS provider or Licensed Agency in question, a telephone number or e-mail address where you can be contacted, and a return address. Requests for records will be subject to a copying fee of 25 cents per page.
Back to top